Safety / Project Coordinator & First Aid Attendant
Date: July 8th, 2019
Job Title: Safety / Project Coordinator & First Aid Attendant
Start Date: IMMEDIATELY
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 40% Travel / 60% Based in Prince George Area
Company Vehicle: Company vehicle to be provided for out-of-town work
Hourly Wage: $32.00-$35.00/ hour (to commensurate with experience)
Two Prince George-based companies, Dean Wood Construction and Helical Construction
Solutions (Helicon) are seeking a full-time Safety/Project Coordinator /First Aid Attendant to join
Dean Wood Construction specializes in providing project management services, pre-engineered
steel building erection, precision structural formwork and concrete placement for infrastructure as
well as, residential, commercial and industrial foundations in the Prince George area and northern
Helical Construction Solutions (Helicon) offers a variety of foundation/piling services including
commercial Helical pile fabrication and installation, pre-drilling and augering, grade beam
integration, slab support systems, bridge foundations, machinery bases, shoring and tiebacks,
industrial fence installation, bollards and cast in place grade beams, etc. Helical Construction
Solution provides foundation services in a variety of industries throughout northern BC including,
but not limited to: forestry, oil and gas, mining, municipal, residential and civil works.
• Dean Wood, Owner – Dean Wood Construction Ltd. (DWC)/ Helical Construction Solutions
• Angela Richards, CHSC, NCSO – Collective Safety (Safety Consultant)
General Job Description:
The Safety / Project Coordinator will carry out work activities for DWC and Helicon at company
facilities and project sites. The Safety /Project Coordinator would be responsible for safety and
project coordination of DWC/ Helicon Project sites. Job duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Serve as DWC and Helicon Worker Safety Representative. Act as a liaison between workers
and DWC/ Helicon management.
• Serve as an on-site liaison between DWC/Helicon and clientele.
• Implementation of DWC and Helicon Health and Safety Programs, policies, safe work
practices and procedures.
• Preparation of project-specific safe work practices/safe job procedures when required.
• Communication with Safety Consultant regarding health and safety activities, project safety
performance, incidents, etc.
• Completion of new-hire orientations for employees.
• Organization of health and safety training for employees.
• Implementation of subcontractor safety management activities when required.
• Completion and submission of pre-project start-up packages and preliminary safety
paperwork for new project sites (i.e. emergency response plans, first aid assessments, preproject hazard assessments and corrective actions, etc.).
• Completion and submission of project and safety paperwork (daily field reports, general
project administration, man-power and equipment tracking documentation, FLHAs, toolbox
safety meetings, fall protection plans, exposure control plans, formal project site inspections,
incident /near miss investigations, etc.).
• Collection and filing of project and health and safety paperwork. Scanning and uploading
documentation to Dropbox.
• Provide first aid coverage on project sites and complete of first aid records / WCB
documentation when required.
• Completion of annual BC Forest Safety Council SEBASE Audits for DWC and Helicon.
• Organization of health and safety training for employees when required.
Training Requirements and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in the construction industry.
• BC Forest Safety Council SEBASE Auditor Training (must have current certificate).
• Occupational First Aid Attendant, Level 3 (must have current certificate).
• Fall Protection Training.
• Valid BC Driver License and clean driving record.
• Construction Safety Officer (unregistered/ registered with ASTT) OR
• National Construction Safety Officer (or in progress with courses, registered with BCCSA to
write NCSO Exams).
• Experience with the development of exposure control plans, fall protection plans, safe work
practices and safe job procedures.
• Working knowledge of WSBC OHS Legislation and best-industry safety practices.
• Field-level project coordination skills.
• Experience working in remote work environments.
• Working in a Prime Contractor/ Multiple Employer Workplace environment.
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Microsoft Office Computer Skills – Word, Excel, etc.